12 June 2011

Going hi tech

After many working hours from the design board and huge amounts of money, sweat and talent invested, here is our new long waited WC Holder 2.0.
Someone proposed to call it iHolder but it was decided that such name could be too gorish.
WCgear-01

Now seriously. I didn't got satisfied with the WC Holder 1.0 (see this link) and I remained wondering how could I improve it.

Then one day I saw a set of methacrylate photo holders as these:
WCgear-01

I bought the entire set (about 10 euros in a Carrefour hypermarket) and took the smallest one...
WCgear-02

...glued a couple of fridge magnets on it...
WCgear-03

...and that's all. No more steps.
WCgear-04

The palette of the WC box is also a new version (see the old one on this link). Now I'm using just the 3 basic but unsaturated colors: indigo instead of blue, burnt sienna instead of red and yellow ochre (more exactly quinacridone gold) instead of yellow, all them from Winsor & Newton.

WCgear-06

The comparison between the version 1.0 in cardboard and 2.0 in methacrylate needs no further explanations.

For the device at work here are a couple of pictures made by Víctor Martínez "Swasky".
Miguel "Freekhand"

L'invent d'en Freekhand

11 comments:

  1. Qué manitas! Muy, muy útil :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative solution with simple materials.... I will use it, thanks. From a Canadian follower, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime i see you, i learn a lot.
    Many thanks Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece of design work. Asda and Sainsbury in the UK have similar acrylic photo display fridge magnets which would probably do the job well. Seeing that you produce these location watercolours with only three pans is the hardest part to get my head around. Really gotta get myself back into working in watercolours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet effective. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Sic!!! (That is a good thing) I can make 3 of these today and give a couple away. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your insights are valuable and the way you explain things is easy to understand. Thank you for sharing.mini trampoline

    ReplyDelete