03 October 2011

London

Seventeen years after, last august I came back to London.
I loved it so much, as always (and now it's possible to eat!!)

London-04
Covent Garden. This drawing took me more or less the time of two shows, a juggler and an acrobat. I finished when a magician was about to start.

London-03
I don't know if Norman Foster had in mind a couple of fishes doing synchronized swimming when he designed the Millenium Bridge, but this idea came to my mind at the first sight.

London-05
The Royal Courts of Justice is one of those buildings as Neuchswanstein Castle or Milan's Duomo that, apart of their architectural value, seem to be a –fantasy– film set. It's because of this that I love them.

9 comments:

  1. si antes no me faltaban ganas de visitar esta ciudad, me acabas de poner los dientes largos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This are fabulous drawings. I've never had the patience to draw the Covent Garden crowds, but I love how you have done so. You are so right about the symchronised fish! Fab drawing of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias Josu (te veo dentro de nada! ;)

    Thank you so much, Sue!
    The point for drawing crowds is to hire some jugglers and acrobats and magicians, so people stand still ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Como molan los besugos sosteniendo el puente!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Qué buenos dibujos, Miguel y qué buen sitio has elegido :)
    Reconozco que Londres ha sido uno de los viajes que más me gustó hacer (y sin duda repetiré!)
    Un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work! I'm an architecture student in Chicago and your work is such an inspiration. I was wondering what medium you use. Just watercolor and ink?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Inma, Andrea, Anais and Fariha.

    Fariha: Yest: always watercolor and ink. In this case ballpoint pen, in other drawings it's fountain pen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely drawings! I moved to London 6 years ago, and love it as much now as I did when I first arrived. Thanks for the amazing drawings! They are really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete